Eclipse Group Solutions is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Eclipse Group Solutions may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
This document applies if you have engaged with Eclipse group solutions in any of the following capacities:
– Members of the Public
– Employees and contractors
– Customers and partners of Eclipse and your associated project data
Who we are
Eclipse Group Solutions is a data controller in respect to:
– Members of the Public if you email us, provide information via our website or visit our office
– Prospects if you have given us permission to contact you for sales and marketing campaigns
– Employees and Contractors
– Customers and partners
Eclipse Group Solutions is a data processor for customers who:
– Host their systems within our data centres
– Host their systems within our cloud partner data centres
– Grant us permission to support your systems within your, or your partners, data centre.
What information do we collect about you and how do we collect it
Eclipse collect the following types of data depending on your engagement with us:
How do we use your personal information?
Members of the Public and Prospects
We use any contact information you provide tto contact you directly based on a direct request (via the website, phone or face to face meeting).
Employees and contractors
We use any data you provide to manage your employment in line with standard HR policies and to meet our legal requirements. The data is used to effectively support you in your employment.
Customers or Partners
We use any data you provide to effectively manage our relationship and fulfil our contractual obligations.
Where Eclipse is your data processor we will provide sufficient technical and organisational security measures governing the processing of your data. Our customers will retain the data controller role for their customers and are responsible for gaining consent and responding to any requests around subject access, correction requests, erasure requests, marketing opt-out requests, automated decision-making and profiling opt-out requests, and data portability requests.
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests for the following purposes:
– To prevent fraud and other criminal activities, for example fraud in relation to public funding
– To audit our activities in order to ensure regulatory compliance
– To monitor use of IT services and ensure network and information security
– To test and maintain our systems and to ensure robust performance
– To help us improve our services via staff training
– Administration of The Open University’s CCTV system, to provide a safe environment and facilitate the prevention and detection of crime.
Who do we share your information with?
If you are an employee of Eclipse Group Solutions we share your personal information with our parent company HRGO Plc who provide HR, Payroll and Finance support to Eclipse Group Solutions.
If you are a customer of Eclipse Group Solutions, we share financial information with our parent company HRGO Plc who provide Finance support to Eclipse Group Solutions.
Third party suppliers and service providers
We use third party suppliers and service providers to provide IT systems and services. It is in our legitimate interest to use third party suppliers to maintain cost effective and efficient operations. When we use third party service providers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their service. We have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
In some circumstances, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, because a court, the police or another law enforcement agency has asked us for it.
Do we transfer information outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
Information you provide to us is stored in the following locations:
– On Secure servers housed in UK based Node 4 Data Centres (Derby, Northampton)
– or on our cloud based systems which are located within the EEA
– Microsoft, UK Based (Cardiff, London, Durham)
– Amazon, EU Based Regions (London, Ireland)
If we need to store your data outside of the EEA then we will will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken to protect your privacy rights as outlined in this policy. This would either be imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal information, or ensuring that the recipients are subscribed to ‘international frameworks’ that aim to ensure adequate protection.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
If we collect your personal information the length of time we keep it for is determined by a number of factors including our purpose for using the information and our legal obligations. The table below details our data retention policy for specific systems:
You rights in relation to your personal information, which apply in certain circumstances. Some of these rights will come into force under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25 May 2018. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the contact us section of this document.
You have the right to:
– access the personal information that we hold about you
– correct inaccuracies in the personal information that we hold about you
– request that we stop sending you direct marketing communications.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
– have your details removed from systems that we use to process your personal data
– restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways
– obtain a copy of your personal data in a structured electronic data file
– object to certain processing of your personal data by us
– If you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please visit the ICO’s website for further details: www.ico.org.uk
Please direct any queries about this policy or about the way we process your personal information using the contact details below:
Telephone: +44(0) 1827 871 010
By post: Data Protection, Eclipse Group Solutions, The New Barn, Hurley Hall, Atherstone Lane, Atherstone, CV9 2HT
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.